Balsamic Peaches and Brown Sugar Almond Pound Cake July 02 2014
Ingredients for Peaches:
16 oz. frozen peaches
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 Tb. Dark Spiced Rum
4 Tb. Peach Balsamic
1/2 Tbs. water
1 Tb. unsalted butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Add brown sugar, water, rum, and balsamic to a saute pan.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and let boil until large bubbles begin to form in the pan, do not mix but keep an eye on it.
- Once large bubbles have formed add your unsalted butter and mix it into your sauce
- Next add frozen peaches and let them continue to cook.
- Bring mixture to a boil and immediately remove from heat and add your spices
- This item is best served hot or at room temperature
Ingredients for Brown Sugar Almond Pound Cake:
2 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 1/2 c butter
2 tbs plain yogurt
1 tsp almond extract
1 c. (sweetened) almond milk
3 c. AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, the yogurt, then the almond extract.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the almond milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Evenly spread batter in greased tube pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
You can also make these in well greased muffin tins for individual cakes for a party, this recipe will make about 24.