Chilled Cucumber Soup June 25 2014
Ingredients for Soup:
4 medium cucumbers
½ red onion minced
2 Tbs. Lemon Infused Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Black Olive Oil
1 large clove of fresh garlic
24 oz. Plain unflavored yogurt
Spices and herbs to taste:
- smoked Spanish paprika
- smoked salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Instructions: you will need a food processor
- peel and de-seed cucumbers, being carefully not to remove too much of the meat of the vegetable.
- Dice the cucumbers and place them in your food processor and add half of your minced red onion, all of the Lemon infused Olive Oil and all of the Black Olive Oil, and pulse till cucumber begins to break down completely.
- Add your fresh clove of garlic and pulse the mixture untill it begins to look smooth,
- Add the plain yogurt to the cucumber mixture and pulse again until it is completely smooth
- Now get creative and add spices and herbs to your liking. We loved ours with lots of dill, smoked spanish paprika, salt, and fresh black pepper
- After incorporating you herbs and spices place in a large bowl and garnish with beautiful olive oils fresh herbs and smoked salt for a little crunch!