Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Balsamic Glaze September 19 2015Easy recipe of the day: Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Blueberry Balsamic Glaze.
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of ground pepper
2 tablespoons of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of dried thyme
2 tablespoons of mustard
Blueberry Balsamic Glaze
Pre-heat your oven at 375.
Mix the salt, pepper, thyme, garlic powder and mustard together and rub over the tenderloin.
Place tenderloin in a roasting pan.
Roast your tenderloin (usually 30 minutes per pound) but it depends on how well done you like it. It should reach and internal temperature of 155.
20 minutes before your tenderloin is ready, remove it from the oven and brush a layer of Blueberry Balsamic Glaze onto the tenderloin and put back in the oven for the remainder of the cooking time.
When your tenderloin is ready, remove from oven, brush another thin layer of blueberry balsamic glaze and let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Espresso Balsamic September 19 2015Our Espresso Balsamic is back!! Fantastic on steak or venison! Here is a quick recipe for Grilled Sirloin Steak Tips:
1 Sirloin Steak Tip, (1 1/2 - 2 lbs)
1/2 c Espresso Balsamic
1 1/2 T Dijon Mustard
1 T of mild extra virgin olive oil (Arbequina is a good choice)
1 medium shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t Fleur de Sel Sea Salt
1/2 t fresh ground pepper
1. Combine balsamic, mustard, olive oil, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper; Whisk to make the marinade. Rinse sirloin, pat dry and place in marinade covered for at least 2 hours.
2. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Pat the steak dry and grill 4-6 mins on each side. Baste with the marinade while grilling, reserving 1/2 c. Remove sirloin from heat and let rest for 5 mins before slicing.
3. Pour remaining marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 2 minutes. allowing it to thicken. Slice sirloin thinly against the grain and serve with a drizzle of the sauce.
Et voila!! Enjoy smile emoticon
Grape Leaf Wrap September 26 2014
Hello! Before I begin, this recipe is completely up to one's own taste so many of the herbs and spices are left without an actual quantity.
1 c. pre-cooked and chilled white rice
1/8 of a red onion diced
5 T parsley chopped
1 juice of a lime
Mix rice and all other ingredients together
Grape Leaves Wrap:
Dip your grape leaves in persian lime olive oil as to marinate the leaves then place anout 2-3 T. of filling inside leaf and wrap like a taco to encase the filling. Drizzle with some Lemon White Balsamic for a little tang and enjoy!
This is a snack you can prepare in advance, the longer it marinates the more flavorful everything becomes! Enjoy as an appetizer or as an hor d'oeuvre!
Roasted Cauliflower and Sesame Spread September 26 2014
2 pounds cauliflower, halved crosswise and thinly sliced
1/8 c. Vegetable Oil
1/8 c. Toasted Sesame Oil
1 1/2 T Minced Fresh Ginger
1 1/2 T Ground Coriander
3 T. Tahini (Sesame Paste)
3 T Lemon Juice
3 T Chopped Cilantro
Serve with Pita Bread or chips
1) Preheat oven at 450
2)In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the oil ginger, and coriander and season with salt
3)Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet and roast for about 40 minutes, stirring once or twice throughout
4)Let cool slightly, then transfer the cauliflower into a food processor
5)Add the Tahini and lemon juice, then pulse the cauliflower till a chunky puree
6)Season with salt, and add cilantro, pulse until just incorporated
7)Transfer spread to a bowl and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds
8)Serve warm with pita bread or chips!
ENJOY! ADD EXTRA FLAVOR WITH A FLAVORED OLIVE OIL DRIZZLE!
Where Else to Find Us August 22 2014
Love our products and cant think of enough things to do with them?
Visit us on Pinterest!
Check out our Instagram with the username:
Or Follow us on Twitter
Or say Hello on Facebook!
Have any ideas or pictures you want to share with the community? Use our hashtag #TheFlavorExchange
Also, don't forget we ship!
Kale and Cannellini Bean Soup August 22 2014
2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Onion (sweet)- medium dice
3/4 c. Carrot -medium dice
4 Garlic cloves
3 c. Chicken Broth (or use Vegetable to make this dish vegetarian)
2 c. Water
1/2 c. White Wine
2 Potatoes (medium sized)- small dice
1/2 t Rosemary chopped fine
1/2 t Thyme chopped fine
1 Can of cannellini beans
2 c. Kale -chopped with ribs removed
To taste: red pepper flake, black pepper, and salt
1) Heat oil in sauce pot and add diced onions, sweat onions till tender (about 5-10 minutes)
2) Add garlic and carrots and saute 5 more minutes
3) Deglaze pan with white wine, then reduce liquid till almost dry
4) Add chicken broth and water- bring to a boil, reduce it to a simmer
5) Add potatoes, rosemary, and thyme
6) Cook until potatoes are fork tender, then add cannellini beans, kale and crushed red pepper flakes
7) Simmer for 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste
8) Simmer for an additional 30 minutes to bring all the flavors together, then adjust seasoning to desired salt and pepper levels
-Use flavored olive oils like garlic or rosemary for an added layer of flavor
-Pick fresh herbs from the community garden outside of the flavor exchange
-Add bacon crumbles, or browned ham with onions in the beginning to add some protein to this dish
Recipe and Demo Courtesy of Chef Clay White at The Flavor Exchange
Balsamic Peaches and Brown Sugar Almond Pound Cake July 02 2014
Ingredients for Peaches:
16 oz. frozen peaches
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 Tb. Dark Spiced Rum
4 Tb. Peach Balsamic
1/2 Tbs. water
1 Tb. unsalted butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Add brown sugar, water, rum, and balsamic to a saute pan.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and let boil until large bubbles begin to form in the pan, do not mix but keep an eye on it.
- Once large bubbles have formed add your unsalted butter and mix it into your sauce
- Next add frozen peaches and let them continue to cook.
- Bring mixture to a boil and immediately remove from heat and add your spices
- This item is best served hot or at room temperature
Ingredients for Brown Sugar Almond Pound Cake:
2 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 1/2 c butter
2 tbs plain yogurt
1 tsp almond extract
1 c. (sweetened) almond milk
3 c. AP flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, the yogurt, then the almond extract.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the almond milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Evenly spread batter in greased tube pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 to 75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
You can also make these in well greased muffin tins for individual cakes for a party, this recipe will make about 24.
Chilled Cucumber Soup June 25 2014
Ingredients for Soup:
4 medium cucumbers
½ red onion minced
2 Tbs. Lemon Infused Olive Oil
2 Tbs. Black Olive Oil
1 large clove of fresh garlic
24 oz. Plain unflavored yogurt
Spices and herbs to taste:
- smoked Spanish paprika
- smoked salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Instructions: you will need a food processor
- peel and de-seed cucumbers, being carefully not to remove too much of the meat of the vegetable.
- Dice the cucumbers and place them in your food processor and add half of your minced red onion, all of the Lemon infused Olive Oil and all of the Black Olive Oil, and pulse till cucumber begins to break down completely.
- Add your fresh clove of garlic and pulse the mixture untill it begins to look smooth,
- Add the plain yogurt to the cucumber mixture and pulse again until it is completely smooth
- Now get creative and add spices and herbs to your liking. We loved ours with lots of dill, smoked spanish paprika, salt, and fresh black pepper
- After incorporating you herbs and spices place in a large bowl and garnish with beautiful olive oils fresh herbs and smoked salt for a little crunch!
Lima Bean Dip and Stove Top Flat Bread June 17 2014
Lima Bean Dip:
10oz frozen lima beans
Zest and juice of ½ a lemon
½ c. parsley rough chopped
¼ c. sesame oil
Black olive oil
- Boil Lima Beans until thaw, do not over boil
- Drain and cool Lima Beans
- Once the lima beans have cooled put them in your food processor with the lemon, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and parsley and blend them
- While blending your lima bean mixture slowly add your sesame oil
- Next add your black olive oil to the mixture slowly until it becomes a hummus consistency, then its done!
- You can plate the dip in a bowl and drizzle it with more flavors! Scroll to the bottom of the page for more variations!
¼ c. luke warm water
3 c. Bread Flour
- Add the Honey to the water
- Next add your fry yeast, let stand until foam is created, about 5 minutes.
- In your mixer bowl with a dough hook attachment have the water in first, then add your salt
- Quickly begin adding in your bread flower with the mixer on about ½ a c. at a time.
- If your dough seems to be sloppy add more flower
- Let your dough mix until it forms a ball that is smooth
- Let rest at room temperature under a damp towel
- While dough is rising prepare your pan with a little bit of oil, but not to much or the bread will not cook cook proper
- When dough has doubled in size rip 2” dough ball and roll it out flat, then lay it in your already prepared pan on medium heat.
- Reapeat steps 8 and 9 till the dough is gone.
- Enjoy with your fresh lima bean dip!
- Fig Balsamic Glaze &Curry Spice
- Ginger Glaze &Smoked Paprika
- Basil Infused Olive Oil, Spicy Mango Balsamic &Porcini Mushroom Salt
- Blood Orange Oil, Espresso Balsamic &Alaea Sea Salt
- Lime oil, Medium Roasted Chili Powdeer &Coconut Balsamic
- Lemon Oil, Lemon Glaze &Smoked Alderwood Salt
Potato Salad With Fresh Homemade Mayonnaise June 17 2014
Ingredients For the salad:
6 medium waxy potatoes medium diced
½ red onion minced
3 leafs ea. basil, purple basil, oregano, and spearmint
- Boil your potatoes till fork tender and then drain
- While potatoes are still hot add minced onion and herbs, so that the flavors may infuse
- Let potatoes mixture cool, while potatoes are cooling make your mayonnaise
- After your mayonnaise is made and your potatoes are cool gently incorporate the mayonnaise into the potaoes, and your end product is a delicious simple potato salad. Scroll to the bottom to find more delicious variations!
Ingredients for Homemade Mayonnaise:
Fresh ground pepper
3 tbs. vinegar (try our white balsamic)
1 ½ c. sunflower oil (or any other oil you want)
¼ tsp curry powder
- Whip egg yolk till foamy
- Then add your salt and fresh pepper
- Next begin adding your oil very slowly so as to emulsify (or make the fats come together)
- After half of your oil is incorporated add your vinegar slowly, this will tighten up the mixture
- Finish adding your oil slowly
- Add your curry powder
*if your mayonnaise seems to thick you can add more oil, if you want a lighter color add a splash of water and it will lighten the color, also add more salt if needed
-simply drizzle over the top to make a new and exciting combination!
- Lemon BalsamicSmoked, Alderwood Salt, &Fresh Basil
- Smoked Paprika &Smoked Chile Oil
- Chipotle Chile Pepper Powder,Lime Olive Oil, &Cilantro
- Ginger Glaze, Blood Orange Oil. & Smoked Alderwood Salt
- Sesame Oil,Cranberry Pear Balsamic, & White Sesame Seeds
Flavor Exchange Gourmet Mustards February 11 2014
Our new Fig Mustard is so good you can just eat them right out of the jar!
They're great with meats, cheeses and buttered toast.
The Pear Mustard